Here are my policies that may help to answer your preliminary questions:
- Meet and Greet Appointment: Before scheduling pet sitting or dog walking dates, I'll come to your home to meet with you and your pets and go over all home and pet care instructions. This appointment is complimentary, and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the situation.
- $5 will be added for visits on these holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
- $10 will be added for visits on these holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Key Pick-Up Policy: I'm happy to retain a copy of your key if you'd like. If you only need pet sitting occasionally, it's usually not a problem for me to pick up the key from you prior to your departure each time. If you're a frequent traveler and would like me to pick up the key from you before each sit, no worries; I'll add a $10 key pick-up fee to the total for your visits.
- Gardens/Plant Watering: Plant and garden watering is included in my rates when there's only a few things to water. I may add an additional $5 to $10 per day watering fee for extensive plant or garden care. We'll go over garden and plant care at the meet and greet appointment.
- Emergency Contact: Please be ready to provide me with at least one emergency contact in case I'm unable to reach you in the unlikely event of a home or pet emergency.
- Veterinary Info: In the unlikely event that your pet requires vet care while you're away, I'll bring them to your established vet during normal business hours. If the event occurs after business hours, I'll bring them to the nearest 24 hour animal hospital. I will always notify you immediately of any concerns (or in the event of an emergency), to consult with you about the proper course of action to take. If I can't reach you, I will call your emergency contact to consult about the proper course of action.
- Cancellations: Generally, I've found that I don't need to enforce a cancellation policy for dog walking or cat sitting visits. I understand that things come up, and occasionally you need to cancel. If frequent cancellations occur, I'll ask you to cover 50% of the total cost of the visits, if you can cancel within 7 days of your scheduled appointments. For overnight stays, I also ask that you cover 50% of the total cost of the visits if you cancel within 7 days of your trip.