Here are my policies to answer your preliminary questions:
- Meet and Greet Appointment: Before scheduling pet sitting or dog walking dates, I'll come to your home to meet with you and your pets and go over all home and pet care instructions. This appointment is complimentary and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the situation.
- Key Policy: Options for entering your home include lock box, code entry, or if you prefer, I can retain a copy of the key. If you'd like to have me pick up the key prior to each set of visits, there will be a $10 key pick-up fee added to the total of the visit cost.
- Gardens/Plant Watering: Plant and garden watering is included in my rate when there's only a few things to water that can be done within the length of the visit time. For extensive plant or garden care, there may be an additional $5 to $10 per day watering fee.
- Emergency Contact: Please be ready to provide me with at least one emergency contact in case I'm unable to reach you in the unlikely event of a home or pet emergency.
- Veterinary Info: In the unlikely event that your pet requires vet care while you're away, I'll bring them to your established vet during normal business hours. If the event occurs after business hours, I'll bring them to the nearest 24 hour animal hospital. I will always notify you immediately of any concerns (or in the event of an emergency), to consult with you about the proper course of action to take. If I can't reach you, I will call your emergency contact to consult about the proper course of action.
- Holiday Fees:
- $10 per day for visits on these holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Payment Types: The forms of payment I currently accept are cash, check, and Venmo.
- Cancellation Policy: I understand that plans change, and sometimes you have to cancel at the last minute. If frequent cancellations occur, I'll ask you to pay the following:
- For cat sitting visits: 50% of the total cost of the visits if cancelled within 5 days of the start day.
- For overnight visits: 50% of the total cost of the visits if cancelled within 7 days of the start day.