Here are my policies that may help to answer your preliminary questions:
- Meet and Greet Appointment: Before scheduling pet sitting or dog walking dates, I'll come to your home to meet with you and your pets and go over all home and pet care instructions. This appointment is complimentary, and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the situation.
- Payment Policy: At this time, I accept only cash or check payments:
- -For dog walking, payment is due weekly or bi-weekly, as you prefer.
- -For pet sitting, payments of $100 or less will be paid up front, at the time of the first visit. If the payment is over $100, you may pay in full, or you can pay half up front and half when you return, if you prefer.
- Holiday Fee: A $10 holiday fee will be added to all visits on the following days: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Key Pick-Up Policy: I'm happy to retain a copy of your key if you'd like. If you only need pet sitting occasionally, it's usually not a problem for me to pick up the key from you prior to your departure each time. If you're a frequent traveler and would like me to pick up the key from you before each sit, no worries; I'll add a $10 key pick-up fee to the total for your visits.
- Spare Key Policy: In addition to the key or entry code you provide me with, there must also be a spare key available for me to access if needed. A lock box is an ideal option. You can also leave a spare key with a neighbor or friend/family member who lives nearby.
- Gardens/Plant Watering: Plant and garden watering is included in my rates when there's only a few things to water. I may add an additional $5 to $10 per day watering fee for extensive plant or garden care. We'll go over garden and plant care at the meet and greet appointment.
- Emergency Contact: Please provide me with at least one emergency contact in case I'm unable to reach you in the unlikely event of a home or pet emergency.
- Veterinary Info: In the unlikely event that your pet requires vet care while you're away, I'll bring them to your established vet during normal business hours. If the event occurs after business hours, I'll bring them to the nearest 24 hour animal hospital. I will always notify you immediately of any concerns (or in the event of an emergency), to consult with you about the proper course of action to take. If I can't reach you, I will call your emergency contact to consult about the proper course of action.
- Cancellations: Generally, I've found that I don't need to enforce a cancellation policy for dog walking or cat sitting visits. I understand that things come up, and occasionally you need to cancel. If frequent cancellations occur, I'll ask you to cover 50% of the total cost of the visits, if you can cancel within 7 days of your scheduled appointments. For overnight stays, I also ask that you cover 50% of the total cost of the visits if you cancel within 7 days of your trip.
- Referrals: If you refer someone to me and they become my client, I'm happy to offer you $20 off towards your next set of visits!